Sunday, July 15, 2012

Paddle for a Cure!

Today's dose of fun was the Paddle for a Cure kayaking event hosted by Dragons Alive on the Mohawk River! This was the third year my friends and I have donned our pink visors and participated in this FUNdraiser to benefit breast cancer awareness and research! Our tradition of participating in this event is always followed by lunch at Bombers. Almost everyone living in the Capital Region has enjoyed Bombers at least one time, but the best thing on their menu hands down are their Disco Fries. For my North Country friends, this is a twist on the infamous poutine we have all come to love. Disco fries are a delectable mixture of crispy french fries, lots of melted jack and cheddar cheese topped off with turkey gravy! Our tradition of participating in the Paddle for the Cure, however, would not be complete without a margarita! My favorite is the frozen Prickly Pear with a sugar rim.


From left to right: Original Margarita, Golden Margarita, Prickly
 Pear Margarita and Frozen Prickly Pear Margarita


Margaritas are great, but I want to leave you with something deeper than the mason jars Bombers' Margaritas come in. Remember, it is not what you have in your life, but who you have in your life. I will leave you with that deep thought and a picture of a few of the people I am glad and lucky to have in my life!


My girls! From left to right: Julie, Me, Karen, and Courtney




No comments:

Post a Comment