Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Mr. Wasabi

It's no secret. I love Mr. Wasabi's Japanese restaurant located at 1671 Union Street in Schenectady. I have to admit there have been times in the past where I ate there three times in a week. I can attest to how great a lot of the items on their menu taste, but my favorites are their rolls and sushi. The fish is always fresh, which is critical when it comes to eating raw fish. The Miami Roll made of salmon or tuna, and avocado and finished with a spicy mayo is one of my favorites. If you are looking for something with a little sweetness in addition to some spiciness, then give the Hawaii Roll a shot. The Hawaii roll also comes with salmon or tuna, and avocado, but is finished with wasabi and sweet chili. No matter what you get for your main course, there is no question you should start with their green salad with homemade ginger dressing. The ginger dressing is so good you might want to drink it! If you are hankering for more ginger dressing, buy a pint or a quart of it to go and top off your own salads at home. If you are wondering if dessert is an option, the answer is yes, of course there is dessert! There are a few options, but I highly recommend the Mochi Ice Cream. Mochi ice cream are little blissful balls of ice cream.

Bonus: Mr. Wasabi's almost always throws you a bonus in the form of a free chef's choice (surprise) item for each person at your table. For my fellow couponers check out the "Clipper Magazine" that is mailed to most of the Capital Region or click here for coupons.

1 comment: