Friday, July 20, 2012

Kickball Game #4

We're still losers, but we had fun! We lost to the team, "My Couch Pulls Out But I Don't." Yes, you read that right. Last night we were quickly overcome and out kicked or out bunted by our competitors. The final score was 6-1. That makes us 0-4 for the season. You may recall that I was aiming for getting a run this week. Well, that flew out the window the one and only time I was up to kick. I bunted, quite nicely, and took off for first base. I almost made it and then some of the most excruciating pain (worse than my jaw surgery, worse than my numerous sprained ankles, worse than my broken foot, and worse than my bulging discs) coursed through the front of my thighs. I was down and out. According to sources (some reliable) I may have pulled or tore my quadriceps muscles. Let's hope it is just pulled muscles. Aside from the pain, the worse part was the possibility that I might not be able to do something I had been looking forward to doing this weekend. (Details on those fun weekend plans in a later post). I have been using the R.I.C.E. (rest, ice, compression, and elevation) method and it seems to be helping improve this predicament I am in right now. If all else fails and I cannot make it better, I'll make it numb with Icy Hot because I am planning on getting really dirty tomorrow. By the way that last sentence is a hint about my fun weekend plans.

Tried and true tip of the day: Always stretch appropriately before engaging in physical activity. I don't think I'll ever not do a quad stretch again before running around like a child at play.

No comments:

Post a Comment