Monday, July 16, 2012

Don't forget about the pups!

I am an animal lover to the core! Dogs, mine especially, have a special place in my heart. Anyone who knows me, knows that it is virtually impossible for me to pass by a dog without petting it and getting a friendly kiss. When it comes to my dogs, I know they get treated better than some human kids. They seem to get special treats almost as much as I do. It's only fair, right? Right! One of my favorite treats to cool off this time of year is ice cream.  Accordingly, my "kids" also get ice cream. Check out the recipe below to make a nice frosty treat for you favorite four legged family member. Remember to ensure your animals have adequate shelter and water during these hot days (or any day for that matter) and NEVER EVER leave your pet in a car in the heat.

Frosty Paws

2 cups of plain low-fat/fat-free yogurt
1 tbsp honey
1/2 cup peanut butter
4 oz. banana baby food

Mix all of the ingredients together. Pour into Dixie cups. Stick a dog bone in the center. Freeze! When it comes time to serve, tear off the paper cup.

P.S. The batter did not taste half bad!

The finished product!

My kiddo's enjoying their ice cream cones!

No comments:

Post a Comment